Saturday, September 15, 2012

Best day of the week.

He sits up. Cries for a few mins and then I get up. I barely push open the door. He's waiting. Looking up with those adventurous eyes. He sees me peeking through the crack of the door. I've been staring for a few mins. Looking back on the last 18m and how perfect he has made our lives. I finally get myself together and go inside his room. He giggles with that awnry giggle he does. It makes me smile. I get to his bedside and he just grins from ear to ear. She's here, says those adventurous eyes. My world, says mine. He holds his arms up for me to lift him up and hold him. He rests his head on my shoulder and we head to the couch. Cuddling and talking, we talk about what's next for our day. He wants breakfast, I want a few more mins of sleep while he catches an episode of Spongebob. That doesn't always go as planned. After he's had enough of Spongebob and I. We eat. He gets Cheerios, bananas or granola bars. Mommy gets cereal. We eat. Daddy joins us eventually and we all enjoy the remaining seconds of Spongebob. The dogs are sitting on the deck outside enjoying the sun beaming down on their little faces. I can't help but smile. Life is good.

It's a beautiful Saturday. How is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment