Sunday, September 1, 2013

Extubate. Trial 3.

Eli was extubated today, for the 3rd time. He did very well given just 4 days before, they attempted to extubate and he failed. This led Eli to be reintubated and monitored for a few more days before trying again. So proud of the little nugget. He had a rough start but I think we are getting back on track. I feel like maybe all the rough patches are behind us and we can only move forward from here. I hope. I always get myself in a spot where I am so happy with his progress and the bam, something sets him back. I hate it for him. It's a helpless feeling nobody should have to experience.

This weeks agenda is to get him back on feeding on Wednesday. We're hoping the reason his feeds weren't working before was because of the sepsis infection. We will see when he's able to eat again. 

They will begin to wean some of his meds starting Monday. His antibiotic will continue to run for a few weeks. If there is any change of Eli going home, almost certain he will go on antibiotics. The infection really took a toll on the nugget. 

So prayers for a positive week and hopes that Eli progresses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment