Thursday, June 27, 2013

A heart parent.

We live each day with the unknown. It's all uncharted territory that were being faced with. The most crucial time of Eli's life is the first few years. We have to get him through the first 3 stages and come out being able to sustain himself. When things go quiet we usually know things are somewhat NORMAL. 

I have realized that I am one of many mothers that looks to the web for more insight on things we don't hear of often. I saw that a baby born with HLHS is 2 in 10,000. Once you have one, your chances of the next child having it is 1 in 4. For me, at first, this wasn't difficult to fathom. The closer I get to little Eli approaching the sadness starts to set in. This will be my last baby. Do I know that for sure. No. But that's the plan.

We are just down to our final 4 weeks. With Eli's induction set for July 21st. I find myself physically ready, but mentally I still feel weeks behind. I am so close to being a mother of 2. 

Which that in itself, is a whole new blog entry. 

Xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment