Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Eli's surgeon-Dr. David Morales

David L.S. Morales, MD 
Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery, The Heart Institute, Cardiothoracic Surgery Co-Executive Director, The Heart Institute Clark-Helmsworth Chair of Cardiovascular Surgery Professor, UC Department of Pediatrics Professor, UC Division of Surgery 

Clinical Interests Congenital heart surgery; heterotaxy syndrome; pediatric heart and lung transplantation; mechanical circulatory support 

Research Interests Clinical and translational research related to mechanical circulatory support and tissue engineering MD: Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT. Residency: General and cardiothoracic surgery, New York-Presbyterian Medical Center, Columbia University, New York, NY. Fellowships: Congenital heart surgery, Texas Children’s Hospital, Baylor University, Waco, TX. Board certifications: Surgery, thoracic surgery, congenital heart surgery. 

I swear I am not being a creeper, as Danny calls it. I just wanted to know the basics. Right? Who wouldn't wanna know a little background on the man that's about to hold your newborn baby son's life/heart in his own hands! HELLLLO! 🙋ME! That's who! He was very nice. I immediately told Danny before he walked in the door that I really hoped this guy wasn't an asshole. Luckily, he wasnt. I don't think my hormones could have handled a jerk-off and the loads of information we were about to recieve. Although being an hour late, the guy answered all questions and gave us what I think we needed. I left feeling a bit overwhelmed, but more hope filled my heart. 

As we were leaving, he said..."see you and your son in a couple of weeks"...my chest felt like it was on fire. I couldnt catch my breathe for just a split second. Wait, what? A couple of weeks! Seriously, we are to that point now. I couldnt quite grasp it until later in the day when I was trying to explain how the appointment went to a few coworkers. I had a brief moment of panic in the bathroom. I collected, and went about the day. Seriously, a few weeks. I am a ticking time bomb. And thats just now evident to me. Someone still wanna tell me this is all just a dream...or am I about to be slapped in the face with one of THE most difficult journeys of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment