Monday, November 5, 2012

Messenger.

On saturday, mom and I ventured out to a few stores and I stumbled upon this book. I am absolutely in love with what I have read so far. Without going into full detail, here is a snippet into the book and hopefully you will understand why I fell in love...

Although he was only 11 years old when we first met him, Mattie J.T. Stepanek had already become a phenomenal poet, peacemaker and philosopher.
His battle with a rare form of muscular dystrophy, which claimed the lives of his three siblings and was threatening his own life, only seemed to make his spirit stronger. He used his incredible gift of insight to write poetry he called "Heartsongs," extending hope to people of all ages.
Mattie hadn't yet reached his 14th birthday when he passed away on June 22, 2004, but he made an immeasurable impact on the world in his lifetime. Mattie was such an incredible kid. The relationship that he had with his mother, who was also sick and in a wheel chair is impecable. It brought tears to my eyes seeing the different photos and quotes between the two of them.


I can only hope for the relationship those two endured, between Lucas & myself. Mattie was beyond wise for his age. What a blessing he was to those lives he touched. <3








No comments:

Post a Comment