Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween. Lucas' 2nd :)

I was ecstatic to take Lucas trick or treating. Last year he was too little to be able to enjoy the festivities and all the details about Halloween. This year, different story.

I picked him up from Grandmas and we headed straight for home. I couldn't get there fast enough. I was so excited to dress him up and take a few pics. Who am I kidding, a few pics. More like 30 before I scrolled through each one and salvaged the best :) We ran up the stairs, headed straight to his bedroom to put on his costume.

Only to find myself for the next 45 minutes fighting a battle with this child to put it on. You would have thought this was the end of the world. He wanted NOTHING, I mean NOTHING to do with it. I finally got him calmed down, with the help of a sucker, and we got dressed. The beard that goes with the costume did not make it on. He was not letting me win completely. We headed out to a few houses next to ours. It was cold. I let him walk to one but you could tell he was still unsure why he was dressed like he was and why we were waking! I swooped him up and we headed back for home. We played some more and waited for some trick or treaters to come...and waited...and waited. Finally, 3 little boys came! Lucas saw them coming from the front window. All he could do was point and say HI as the little army men rang the door bell. By this time he had had enough of jos costume. So we decided to put on his back up costume that grandma found at a garage sale last summer. He was a little Gorilla Boy! This costume was alot warmer and he enjoyed it. Lucas grabbed his candy and tossed it, left handed, into their bags. He was proud of himself all the while wondering why they were here :)

No other kids showed up. We turned off the light and headed for the bath tub. He ate dinner and was fast asleep by 8:00! My little garden gnome was worn out!

Happy Halloween from Lucas :)

OH WHAT A DIFF A YEAR MAKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment