Friday, May 10, 2013

Stress test #1

Today was our first NST. NON STRESS TEST. I arrived early enough to scarf down a breakfast from the hospital cafeteria. Not the greatest, but it will have to do given I will be here a lot in the coming weeks and well, prego lady has to eat! They took me back for a quick Biophysical profile. Which was a surprise to me because I didn't think I would get to see Eli today. So that was a bonus. The tech told me my fluids were great and I scored an 8/8. Not 100% sure what markers they look at but hey, we passed. 

After the quick peak at Eli, I was taken over to a room that had 2 beds and 2 monitors. I was on one and this very nosey other prego lady was on the other. Let me just tell ya, this lady was annoying. Asking questions every 4 mins it seemed like. SHUT UP LADY! It took a lot for me not to whip open the curtain and tell her to COOL IT! My kid has half a heart, shut your hole. 

The tech has to listen for 20 minutes for Eli's heart to increase twice, above his baseline heart rate. Of course, my kid falls asleep so she had to stimulate him with a buzzer thing. That seemed to work. On top of her trying to listen to any abnormal rhythm of Eli's heart, shes also listening to the lady's baby next to me. Shes multitasking. It made me nervous.

Tech released me and said all was normal. This will be a weekly routine on Fridays. Next week, I hope I don't get chatty Kathy next to me. 

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment