Saturday, May 11, 2013

Trouble maker.

I woke up around 3:30. Immediately sat up to find myself sitting in a puddle of...well, I wasn't sure. I called Good Sam to leave a message for the on-call doc to see what I should do. I had already went through the steps. Counted kicks, checked to make sure his movement was ok and used the bathroom. Walked a few laps around the house to see if the leaking continued. It did. 20 mins later the docs called. Although highly unlikely it was my amniotic fluid, we had to be certain. Come on in she said and let's see. So that's what I did. 

I packed a bag for myself, got Lucas ready and headed for my Mother In laws. This almost felt like the real deal. But not quite. I drove myself to the hospital. Danny is working. Not in any pain so the need for someone to drive me wasn't necessary. Triage was busy but they got me into a room quickly. Hooked me up and I answered some questions. This is where it gets annoying. 

The RN comes in and tells one of the other nurses that I need 2 monitors. "She's twins!" & She walks out. 

Whoa. Does someone know something I don't? I immediately put a halt on everything. I said no no I am not having twins. I have an HLHS BABY and leaking fluid. Lets just say triage was not on their A game today!

Eli was monitored for an hour and the doc finally came in to check me. No amniotic fluid but I am leaking. Eli is full force resting on my bladder and cervix, causing lots of pressure and leaking urine/bodily fluid. You got it. I'm peeing on myself and I have no control what-so-ever. 

I am dilated 1cm but no reason to be put on any rest or close watch. No contractions or pain. So we're ok. 

Fun to continue to pee on yourself, right? Not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment