Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Just pray...

The doctors say that Eli has handled everything wonderfully, as best as they could have expected or wanted to this point. Of course, I still feel like we're walking on tiptoes and that at any moment, it could all fall apart, but we're holding on to the little baby steps he's making. That's all we can ask, and really, all we can do.

As for us, I think we're holding up okay. I sometimes forget that I just gave birth a week ago, and that on top of it all, I'm a ball of hormones. 

Danny has been incredible. I don't think I would have survived any of this without him. Our families and friends have all been so incredibly supportive, and knowing you're all out there pulling for our little boy, a boy many of you have never met from a mama you've never met, amazes me. It's all such a source of strength and energy for us. For that, we thank you. 

Right now, though, our bodies are a mixture of sheer exhaustion and adrenaline, and it's hard sometimes to figure out which one should win out. We're going to need all this energy when he starts surgery and then comes out, and we really start to become responsible for doing all those parent things again. We can't wait.

So I ask that before you go to bed Thursday night that you pray. Pray for our sweet little man. Pray for love, strength and hope. Pray that God chooses to give this little boy life. A life of everlasting love.

Xoxo  

No comments:

Post a Comment