Monday, August 5, 2013

Holistic Health

Today I experienced one of the most spiritual events in my 27 years of life. 

A kind woman walks into Eli's pod. We're so used to women and men, in and out that reading a badge attached to their scrubs has just kind of gotten to be normal. Today this wasn't a doctor, nurse or anesthesia tech. She was from Hollistic  Health. What is that? My thoughts exactly. Then the next 10 minutes explained itself.

She began to pray over Eli. I got chills from her hand motions and couldn't quite make out her words. But I was in awe over what this woman was doing. It was by far the most spiritual thing I have ever been close to. She was very kind. She didn't ask me to partake in any of it. She just did her thing and exited the pod.

By far the one of the most memorable events in this journey. I'm still choked up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment