Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Setback.

Eli now has an infection called Sepsis. It's a severe blood infection that can be very fatal if not caught in time and treated right away. Fortunately, we caught his sepsis shortly after Eli's oxygen levels started go decrease. The sepsis has gotten to the right side of his heart and is slowing down his ventricular function. This is his good side of the heart. They had to reintubate Eli because while the antibiotics are trying to make him better they wanted to take the breathing work off his heart and lungs so the machine is doing it again until he's strong enough to be on his own, again. Eli now has a wound vac, ART line, central line, foley cath & ventilator back on. His levels have already started to come back up from yesterday which is really good. The doctors are satisfied with the way he is bouncing back from this infection. 

I had a hard time yesterday with Eli being put back on the ventilator. My baby boy was considered immobile once more. My 'normal' things I could do here were taken away, again. There's only so many times a mother can feel helpless in the care for her child. Everyday I feel like I am failing. I just can't do anything for him and it kills me. I can pray and I can tell him I love him. And in hopes, both of them hear me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment