Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ronald McDonald House

We've been waiting to get into RMH since Eli was transported over to Children's. The call finally came Tuesday night. We got a room! Many families travel 1000s of miles to be at this hospital for the care of their child or children. They rely on this housing during their stay. To be local and still get this privilege is so awesome. We will be able to stay here during Eli's recovery and have Lucas here too. Once Eli goes to the step down unit Lucas can visit as much as he wants. Right now he's restricted to 15m a day and child life has to accompany us. Last night was our first night in RMH. Lucas was fantastic. Took him a little time to fall asleep but once the tv was off and he was able to go over all my face parts, he was out. At one point I think his finger was in my nose. I couldn't have cared less. He was with me. I miss him so much when he's away. I don't think I get enough kisses in before the next time he leaves. Hopefully he gets to be with us more now that we're in RMH. We have yet to figure out a schedule but we will. I'm excited :) here are a few pics of our wing. I have more to capture but this for now is all I got last night. 






No comments:

Post a Comment